Helping my clients protect their assets and establish financial security, independence and economic freedom for themselves and those they care about is a noble endeavor and deserves my promise to support high standards of integrity, trust and professionalism throughout my career as an insurance and financial professional. With these principles as a foundation, I freely accept the following obligations:
- To help maintain my client’s confidences and protect their right to privacy.
- To work diligently to satisfy the needs of my clients.
- To present accurately and honestly, all facts essential to my client’s financial decisions.
- To render timely and proper service to my clients and ultimately their beneficiaries.
- To continually enhance professionalism by developing my skills and increasing my knowledge through education.
- To obey the letter and spirit of the laws and regulations which govern my profession.
- To conduct all business dealings in a manner which would reflect favorably on NAIFA and my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services best promote the interest of my clients.
- To protect the financial interest of my clients, their financial products and my profession, through political advocacy.
Insurance companies and sales producers are regulated by the states where they do business. State regulations are in place to protect individuals consumers by requiring compliance with state laws governing nearly every aspect of an insurance policy. Companies and agents who don’t comply risk monetary fines and licenses suspensions.
In order to become licensed to discuss insurance with my clients, I had to complete pre-licensing education coursework and had to pass state licensing examinations. In addition, I comply with ongoing continuing education requirements.